Lagos residents experienced heavy rainfall and many areas were affected by the resulting flood. Some people were fortunate enough to live in areas with proper drainage systems while others were not.
One of the unlucky ones is veteran actor, Pa James. The aged comedian’s son, Samuel Ajirebi, shared photo of the sorry state of his father’s home on social media.
Crying out on behalf of his dad, Samuel Ajirebi, wondered if there’s a government in Nigeria.
“Seriously sad right now, I get to think at times that, are we sure we have a government in this country?
“Look at what I met on going to visit my family today, a flooded house due to the overflowing canal behind our street.
“To make matters worse, no one was at home save my dad, so the old man and I had to be saving properties and scooping water out of the house!
“This year makes it ten years of the repeated and consistent occurrence of this with severe damages done annually to properties, at times leading to temporary displacement!
“Letters have been written, appearances made, press releases written, still no significant step was taken by the government to channel the overrunning canal.
“We need governmental intervention in Oke Isagun Community of Oke Odo LGA.
‘’We lose properties! We lose rest whenever we see rain signs! Tonight is going to be a partial prayer moment for families because it must not rain tonight…. No house for us to sleep in anymore!
“This is sad and heartbreaking”.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:
- Three children were swept away by flood in the Saidawa area of the Danbatta of Kano
- The Lagos state government has been dragged to court by the 123 indigenes
- Former Lagos State;Ambode Reacts To EFCC Searching His House
- 60,000 Lagos Residents Living With HIV/AIDS At Large ― UNAIDS
- Lagos State Governor, Babajide has warned that the gradual easing of the lockdown Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Street
- Residents of Gbagada in Lagos state got punished by soldiers after they came out For Exercise –
- Some residents of Lagos witnessed robbery attacks Since Covid-19 Lock Down Watch Videos
- Cross-dresser James Brown Crossdresser James Brown has cried out over his HIV status