Here the latest Npower news in Nigeria today…
At least 2,000 Npower beneficiaries held a ‘Thank You Rally’ to Aso Rock, Nigeria’s Presidential Villa over the success of the N-Power scheme and other Social Intervention Programmes in the country. Naija News reports that the ‘Thank You Rally’ to Aso Rock was led by the Concerned Citizens/ N- Power Forum with participants drawn across the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The Federal Government led by President Muhammadu Buhari has extended Npower online application by two weeks. Naija News reports that with the development, potential beneficiaries of the Federal government empowerment programme (N-Power) can continue with the online application till the next two weeks.
The Federal Government of Nigeria has responded to the demands of some protesting N-Power beneficiaries who want exiting Batch A and B beneficiaries to be employed by the government. The protesting beneficiaries had also on Thursday, 23rd July, demanded that the government pay each of them N600,000 grant if it couldn’t employ them permanently.
Several aggrieved beneficiaries of the Federal government empowerment programme (N-Power) are currently protesting in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital. Naija News reports that the aggrieved Npower beneficiaries over their disengagement from the programme and unsettled stipends.
Some NPower beneficiaries were not paid their stipends because the payment platform already recognised their accounts, the ministry of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development has said. In a statement on Thursday, Rhoda Iliya, deputy director of information at the ministry, revealed that 14,020 beneficiaries of NPower have existing accounts on the payroll of other agencies.
President Muhammadu Buhari’s social investment schemes including Npower are not for only members of the All Progressives Congress (APC). The Minister of Humanitarian and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq made this known during a press conference in Gausau, Zamfara state capital.
Registration for Npower Batch C recruitment is still on, the Federal Government social intervention scheme, N-Power, has said. Naija News recalls that the Npower portal for 2020 Batch C intakes opened at exactly 11: 45 pm on Friday, 26th June 2020, hours after some applicants had already registered for the scheme as against the directive of the social intervention scheme.
Current beneficiaries of the federal government social intervention scheme, N-Power have been told to expect the payment of their June stipends ‘soon.’ This is as some beneficiaries of the scheme have taken to the micro-blogging site, Twitter to make inquiries on when they would be paid their outstanding stipend for the month of June.
The Honourable Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq has noted that she and her team her working to ensure a successful transition for the N-Power beneficiaries. Naija News recalls the federal government of Nigeria had disengaged Batch A beneficiaries of the scheme in June 2020 while Batch B beneficiaries will also be disengaged by the end of July.
Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq, Nigeria’s Minister for Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development has given an update on the number of applications so far received on the N-Power portal. Naija News recalls the recruitment portal for the incoming Batch C beneficiaries was opened by the federal government on Friday, June 26, 2020.
Some registration centres have taken advantage of the ongoing Npower scheme to defraud applicants seeking to apply for the empowerment programme. Residents of Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, have lamented the fraudulent extortion of candidates by vendors who try to help them register for the NPower.
12. Npower: Batch A And B Beneficiaries Get Strong Warning From N-Power Over Fake Exit Package Links
Beneficiaries that belong to the Batches A and B of the federal government N-Power programme have been warned against falling prey to fake exit package links. The warning on fake news and packages was handed down on Thursday afternoon via the official twitter account of the N-power scheme.
The Federal Government social intervention scheme, N-Power, has given an update on the ongoing recruitment and Npower application.
Naija News recalls that the Npower portal for 2020 Batch C intakes opened at exactly 11: 45 pm on Friday, 26th June 2020, hours after some applicants had already registered for the scheme as against the directive of the social intervention scheme. Recruitment: N-Power Gives Update On Npower Application Form.
Administrators of the federal government social intervention scheme, N-Power have warned applicants and members of the public against falling for fake news making rounds about the programme. Specifically, members of the public were warned against news making the rounds about an assessment schedule or test schedule for Batch C applicants.
Batch A beneficiaries of the federal government social intervention scheme, N-Power have been given a reason to smile despite their recent exit from the scheme. This is as administrators of the scheme confirmed that the affected beneficiaries will get their June stipends.
More than three million Nigerians have applied for employment as beneficiaries of the Batch C N-Power scheme since the portal opened on June 26. This information was disclosed on Friday, July 3rd by Rhoda Iliya, the deputy director, information, ministry of humanitarian affairs, disaster management, and social development